Meet the 26 young designers chosen to be part of this year’s edition of the national design award Ung Svensk Form. The exhibition, produced in partnership with IKEA Museum, opens digitally at Kulturhuset Stadsteatern on the first day of Stockholm Design Week, 8th February, with a combined press screening, opening and scholarship awards ceremony. However, the winners of Ung Svensk Form 2021 are being announced today!
Bike to Ski (and Everything in Between) by Sigrid Schiøtz Olsen is one of the 26 designers in Ung Svensk Form 2021
– The diversity of expressions, techniques and stories is enormous in this year’s edition of Ung Svensk Form. It invites visitors to reflect on what design can do for people and societies today, says Mats Widbom, CEO of Svensk Form.
– This year’s entries showcase entire spectra of design and possess an enormous breadth and quality. Using imagination and innovation, many of this year’s designers have demonstrated how to recycle materials and incorporate sustainability, says Maria Patomella, Executive Producer Art/Design & Fashion, Kulturhuset Stadsteatern.
– We are very pleased and proud to be a producer of Ung Svensk Form. It’s a wonderful opportunity for us to help promote interesting young Swedish designers and to make good design accessible to more people, says Anna Sandberg Falk, curator at IKEA Museum.
– At the City of Malmö, the purpose of our commitment to Ung Svensk Form is a joint effort to improve the conditions for coming generations of designers and creatives to remain curious, brave and open to crossing boundaries, says Caroline B. Le Bongoat business development & operations director at Design Malmö, the City of Malmö.
Press screening, opening and scholarship awards ceremony, 8 February
You are warmly invited to our digital press screening, opening and scholarship awards ceremony on 8 February at 11:00. The presentation will be available to view for some time afterwards. More information and link coming soon. To the Facebook event (Inauguration February 8th)
Stockholm Design Week
On the opening day of Stockholm Design Weeks, 8 February, we will announce the winners of this year’s Ung Svensk Form scholarships. On that same day, all of the Jury’s reasons will be available on the digital platform where the exhibition is shown. Should the current Covid-19 restrictions change, the exhibition will be open to the public in Gallery 3 at Kulturhuset Stadsteatern.
News at Ung Svensk Form 2021
In its 23-year history, not only is Ung Svensk Form for the first time being held at Kulturhuset Stadsteatern in Stockholm, but it will also feature two completely new working scholarships. Ericsson and gaming company Massive Entertainment are our new providers this year, adding to our already prestigious list of scholarships from IKEA, Lammhults Möbel, Kvadrat, Arvet and Stiftelsen för Garverinäringens Främjande.
Full list of Ung Svensk Form 2020 winners
Albin Karlsson & Johanna Jonsson
Alexandra Fransson & Jacob Alm Andersson
Emma K Gudmundson
Jakob Skote & Max Čelar
Jakob Skote, Max Čelar & Sebastian Dahlqvist
Kalle Hellmark & Angelina Kjellén
Rasmus Steyner Randén
Rebekka Quiroz Wiberg
Sigrid Schiøtz Olsen
Therese Isabelle Olsson
The Ung Svensk Form jury 2021 consists of: Samir Alj Fält, Parasto Backman, Caroline B. Le Bongoat, Johan Deurell, Linnéa Therese Dimitriou, Salka Hallström, Demian Horst, Åsa Jungnelius, Henrik Johansson, Nike Karlsson, Eva Lilja Löwenhielm, Petra Lilja, Tor Lindstrand, Maria Patomella, David Polfeldt, Bea Szenfeld, Andreas Säfström och Mats Widbom.
- February 8 – March 14, Kulturhuset Stadsteatern, Stockholm
- April 1st – May 16, IKEA Museum, Älmhult
- June 4 – July 3, Utopia Galleria, Umeå
- September 4 – October 31, The Textile Museum in Textile Fashion Center, Borås
- November 13 – January 16 (2022), Form/Design Center, Malmö
About Ung Svensk Form:
Ung Svensk Form is a juried award and travelling exhibition whose purpose is to broaden and deepen our knowledge and awareness about young and innovative Swedish design. Ung Svensk Form highlights our desire to create and explore freely, without the need for market adaptation. Ung Svensk Form fulfils a vital function as a forum for designers, producers and the public to meet. Ung Svensk Form 2021 is a co-production between Svensk Form (the Swedish Society of Crafts and Design) and IKEA Museum, in association with Kulturhuset Stadsteatern and the City of Malmö. Ung Svensk Form was initiated in Malmö at Form/Design Center in 1998.